- Birkhoff is a non-circulating library. Books may be removed briefly for photocopying, but they cannot be checked out or taken to offices. The Cabot library, located on the first floor of the Science Center, has a much larger collection of mathematics books and journals that can be checked out.
- Books can be located using the Hollis catalog and in the library card catalog. There is a new section with books on calculus and math education near the computer.
- The computer in the library is reserved for consultation of the online catalog and related databases like Math Reviews. Please do not use this computer for non-library purposes (like email, etc.) General use computers are located on the first floor of the Science Center.
- Journals are shelved alphabetically by title. The alphabetized list of journals and a guide to their locations is next to the card catalog.
- Please keep the library environment quiet at all times. If you want to have a conversation, please step out of the library.
- Cell-phone use is not permitted in the library.
- Nancy Miller (email@example.com) is the librarian. Ms. Miller’s office is located inside the library in Room 337. Please direct your questions and report missing books to her.
- Nancy Miller welcomes suggestions for new acquisitions, either for Birkhoff or for Cabot.