Current Developments in Mathematics 2020
All speakers will give two talks with a 10-minute break. All times are US Eastern Standard Time (EST).
• Monday Jan 4, 2021
• Yoshiko Ogata (University of Tokyo)
8:00am I: Classification of symmetry protected topological phases in quantum spin chains
9:00am II: Classification of symmetry protected topological phases in quantum spin chains
• Prof. Ogata's lecture notes linked here.
• Tuesday Jan 5, 2021
• Andras Vasy (Stanford University)
4:00pm I: The black hole stability problem — an introduction and results
5:00pm II: Analysis and geometry in the black hole stability problem
• Prof. Vasy's lecture slides
• Wednesday Jan 6, 2021
• Jinxin Xue (Tsinghua University)
9:00am I: Painleve conjecture in Newtonian N-body problem
10:00am II: Painleve conjecture in Newtonian N-body problem
• Prof. Xue's lecture notes
• Thursday Jan 7, 2021
• Michael Aizenman (Princeton University)
10:00am I: Marginal triviality of the scaling limits of 4D critical Ising and Φ44 models
11:00am II: Marginal triviality of the scaling limits of 4D critical Ising and Φ44 models
• Prof. Aizenman's lecture slides
For online registration Click Here.
Organizers: David Jerison, Paul Seidel, Nike Sun (MIT); Denis Auroux, Mark Kisin, Lauren Williams, Horng-Tzer Yau, Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard).