Joint BHI/CMSA Conference on Flat Holography (and related topics)
On June 21–24, 2022, the Harvard Black Hole Initiative and the CMSA will host the Joint BHI/CMSA Conference on Flat Holography (and related topics).
The recent discovery of infinitely-many soft symmetries for all quantum theories of gravity in asymptotically flat space has provided a promising starting point for a bottom-up construction of a holographic dual for the real world. Recent developments have brought together previously disparate studies of soft theorems, asymptotic symmetries, twistor theory, asymptotically flat black holes and their microscopic duals, self-dual gravity, and celestial scattering amplitudes, and link directly to AdS/CFT.
The conference will be held in room G10 of the CMSA, located at 20 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA.
All non-Harvard affiliated visitors to the CMSA building are required to complete this covid form prior to arrival: https://forms.gle/
Registration is required for this in-person event.
For more information, please see the event webpage: cmsa.fas.harvard.edu/
Organizers: Daniel Kapec, CMSA | Andrew Strominger, BHI | Shing-Tung Yau, Harvard and Tsinghua
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, IAS
- Shamik Banerjee, Bhubaneswar, Inst. Phys.
- Miguel Campiglia, Republica U., Montevido
- Geoffrey Compere, Brussels
- Laura Donnay, Vienna
- Netta Engelhardt, MIT
- Laurent Freidel, Perimeter
- Alex Lupsasca, Princeton
- Juan Maldacena, IAS
- Lionel Mason, Oxford
- Natalie Paquette, U. Washington
- Sabrina Pasterski, Princeton/Perimeter
- Andrea Puhm, Ecole Polytechnique
- Ana-Maria Raclariu, Perimeter
- Marcus Spradlin, Brown
- Tomasz Taylor, Northeastern
- Herman Verlinde, Princeton
- Anastasia Volovich, Brown
- Bin Zhu, Northeastern