The following email has been sent to each of you on August 8, 2002.
If you should not have got it for some reason, here is a copy:
a few announcements:
- The final will take place Wednesday August 14 9:15-12:15
in the Science Center Hall C. No calculators are accepted,
a one page summary is allowed as during the first two
midterms. The final will be proctored by the registrars
office but one of us will be there at the beginning and
the end of the exam.
- There will be a review session on Monday August 12, 9:30
in Emerson 101.
- As a preparation for the final, we offer some practice
problems. We use webwork, a web based tool: go to the page
Click on the big login button. Type your Username
and Password provided below (The Username is
Case sensitive. Type it in exactly as it is).
You will get an individual problem set.
You can work on it as long an as you want, come back
to the page as often as you want. You can also print out
a hard copy and work on it away from the computer. Try
each problem until you can solve it correctly. You can
discuss the problem with a friend (who will have different
numerical data in his or her problem).
- True/False practice problems will be offered too and will
be available during the weekend on the Exams website.
- The 7'th homework is due Tuesday August 13 at
17:00 latest in Jon's mailbox.
- The 8'th homework (either Mathematica, the challenge
problems or the project) is due Monday August 12 in the review
class. Details about the 8'th problem set can be found on
the homework website.
- Keep tuned on the course website
For webwork go to http://ulam.fas.harvard.edu/webwork/math21a/
Your webwork Username: *****
Your webwork Password: *****