Snowflake Model of Creativity
of David Perkins, (the current document is an adaptation)
- Tolerate complexity, disorganization, and asymmetry.
Enjoy the challenge of struggling through chaos toward resolution.
- Excel in problem solving skills. Find creative solutions and good answers. Feel for
questions which have potential to lead to discoveries.
- Mobility for perspectives on and approaches to problems.
Think in opposites or contraries, metaphors and analogies and challenge assumptions.
- Willingness to take risks. Accept failure as part of the creative quest.
Ability to learn from mistakes. Work at the edge of competence.
- Scrutinize and judge own ideas. Seek criticism and advise.
Put aside own ego. Test ideas.
- Motivation for its own sake, not for grades or pay. Catalysis
is enjoyment, satisfaction, and challenge for the work itself.
Adapted from uwsp.edu,